new group member seeking employment

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012
      Dear Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges group members,

      My name is Maria McMath and I am writing to introduce myself, and
      informally submit my candidacy for employment in your department. I
      hope that some of you will recognize my name from applications already
      submitted to your open pools, especially in the state of California.
      I am also registered with the California Community College Registry.

      I am completing my doctoral degree in Anthropology at Princeton
      University, and living in my hometown of Oakland, CA. I am interested
      in teaching at community colleges because I believe I can make the
      strongest impact within communities, and I am available immediately.

      In addition to teaching a variety of classes and workshops and
      directing public academic programming, I also have administrative
      experience. Some of these public events received press coverage and
      are available online at my website (http://drhiphop.wordpress.com) for
      viewing. I’d look forward to working with adults interested in the
      continued pursuit of knowledge through any program for adult
      education, as well.

      I care deeply about my community and find education intimately tied to
      quality of life. Thank you for your consideration, and please contact
      me if you have any questions, or open positions. I look forward to
      reading more discussions through this group, as well as learning of
      new positions and opportunities.

      Sincerely
      Maria McMath

      --http://drhiphop.wordpress.com