Bev's funeral

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012
      This is an update from Dennis Kellogg, who attended Bev's funeral several days ago.

      We went to Bev's memorial service yesterday afternoon and it was vintage Beverly ….music by James Taylor ( Fire and Rain ) , the Byrds, ( Turn, Turn, Turn ), Buffy Ste Marie, Judy Collins, Paul Simon. Over 200 attended and there was standing room only if you came 10 minutes before the service began. Lloyd and the family was there. Lloyd came in on crutches but was assisted by his son, Sam. You could tell he was not comfortable and on pain relievers but was aware of what was going on. He has aged a bit due to this but he was able to stand in the reception line and greet people. I had to give him a" lite hug" , remembering that he has two broken ribs ( been there done that a few times myself ). I told him to get ready for a tsunami of cards and messages from his SACC family. His eyes moistened shook his head in appreciation and meekly smiled. At this point I wouldn't make any plans to see him in Austin and if he does it won't be on a motorcycle.