Re: [SACC-L] Got a good anthro joke?

  • apopplestone@neo.rr.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 8, 2012
      Variation: the fire breaks out in a trash can in the faculty dining room at the University of you choice. The chemist closes the window to cut off the oxygen going to the fire. The physicist opens the window to drop the temperature.

      The anthropologist dumps a pitcher of ice water on the fire then dumps the trash can and sorts the burned remains by size, composition, degree of scorching. Etc

      From: Andrew Petto <ajpetto@...>
      Sender: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:16:28
      To: <SACC-L@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: lauratgonzalez<ltgonzalez@...>
      Subject: Re: [SACC-L] Got a good anthro joke?

      So a physicist, a chemist, and an anthropologist are sitting in the
      coffee shop when a fire breaks out in the kitchen.

      Rushing in to help, the physicist and the chemist get into an argument
      about how to put out the fire.

      The physicist says, "The problem is that the materials are above the
      heat of combustion; we must find a way to remove the heat from the system."

      The chemist says, "The problem is that oxygen is supporting the act of
      combustion; we must find a way to remove the supply of oxygen."

      The anthropologist grabs a wet rag, throws it on the fire, and puts it out.

      Anj

      --

      Andrew J Petto, PhD
      Senior Lecturer

      Could you be a teacher?

    • Anthony Balzano
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 8, 2012
        The caveman surgeon is ready to start the operation. He turns to the nurse and says "Pass the simple tools."

        The cannibal chief sends his warriors out to get dinner. They catch a missionary and bring him back. The warriors say "Chief we got a missionary. Should we boil him?" The chief says "No you idiots, he's a friar."

        PS: Cannibal jokes are the best; there are lots of clean ones. Larson jokes, of course, are de rigeur.

        Anthony Balzano, PhD
        Professor of Anthropology & Sociology
        Sussex County (NJ) Community College
        1 College Hill Rd.