RE: [SACC-L] Video?

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2012
      Part 1 of Babakiueria on Youtube

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06DKCdJWK2c

      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com [SACC-L@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of Kip Waldo [kwaldo@...]
      Sent: September-24-12 8:17 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SACC-L] Video?

      A while back someone sent a link or at least the name of the Australian video that parodies the "discovery" of Australia. The colonists land and call the land "barbacoa". Anyone have any idea of what I am referring to?

      Thanks much,

      kip

      Kip Waldo
      Anthropology Instructor
      Chabot College
      25555 Hesperian Blvd.
      Hayward, CA 94545

      kwaldo@...<mailto:kwaldo%40chabotcollege.edu>
      voice 510.723.6980

    • Laura Gonzalez
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 25, 2012
        This is brilliant. What a great piece to use in the beginning of a course to
        flip students' minds around a bit, maybe alongside the Nacirema reading.
        (The White People's grandmother is put in an apartment high above the city,
        "so treasured, so sacred, that hardly anyone ever comes here.")

        Thanks Kip and Bob.

        Laura