AAA Seeking Exec Board Candidates

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2012
      AAA Seeking Candidates for important positions on the AAA Executive Board

      Adapted from email sent by Kim Baker/Deb Martin:

      "We have the most important of all positions, president elect/vice president. Senior colleagues may especially have the skill set and savvy to run AAA.

      Also, we have 3 positions on the Executive Board that will need slates: the minority seat, the practicing/professional seat, and a "free" undesignated seat. Please think of worthy colleagues to put their hat in the ring for these. All of these positions are great for your vita, and it provides a connection between your Section and the AAA leadership.

      We also have 3 openings on the nominations committee - a cultural seat, an archaeology seat and a "free" undesignated seat. This is a very gratifying committee that I have served on, and you learn a lot about AAA. It is a good position to use to move up in leadership positions.

      For committee seats, we need to fill a linguistic seat and an undesignated free seat for the committee on ETHICS. We need two free (undesignated) seats filled on the committee on GENDER EQUITY in anthropology. We need 3 slates (all undesignated) filled for the committee on HUMAN RIGHTS, and an undesignated seat on the committee on PUBLIC POLICY. We need two (undesignated) seats for the committee on MINORITY ISSUES in anthropology and lastly, two undesignated seats on the committee on WORLD ANTHROPOLOGIES.

      All you have to do is go to the AAA website home page, www.aaanet.org<http://www.aaanet.org> where you will click on "AAA Leadership Nomination Process" and then it is easy as pie to self-nominate for a position.

      This is the time to do it! Nominations close on Monday, October 1.

      Deb Martin
      AAA Secretary and Chair of the Nominations Committee
      debra.martin@...