FW: FW: Ancient HIstorian Job at UMBC

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14 6:37 AM
      From: jyounger@...<mailto:jyounger@...>
      To: aegeanet@...<mailto:aegeanet@...>
      Subject: FW: Ancient HIstorian Job at UMBC
      Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 11:45:52 +0000

      The Department of Ancient Studies at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin, Fall, 2013. The position requires a PhD in Classics, Ancient History, or in a closely related field at the time of appointment.

      The successful candidate will demonstrate the promise of excellence as both a scholar and a teacher. The ability to teach courses in Greek and Roman history, Classical civilization and culture and Greek and Latin language is a requirement. While the field of specialization is open, the successful applicant will possess a broad expertise in Greek and Roman history and culture.

      Please send (in pdf format) a letter of interest, writing or publication samples (20 pp. maximum), sample syllabi, a list of references and a C.V. to Professor Marilyn Y. Goldberg at goldberg@...<mailto:goldberg@...>. Email is preferred, but hard copies may be sent to Prof. Goldberg at the Department of Ancient Studies, UMBC, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, Maryland, 21250. To learn more about our Department, visit our website at www.umbc.edu/ancs<http://www.umbc.edu/ancs>.

      Review of applications will begin November 1, 2012. Preliminary interviews will be held at the American Philological Association Annual Meeting in Seattle in January, 2013, although it is not necessary to attend the Annual Meeting to receive interview consideration.

      Located between Baltimore and Washington, DC, UMBC is a Carnegie Research University (RU/H) widely recognized for its commitment to diversity and excellence in both undergraduate and graduate education. UMBC is especially proud of the diversity of its students and we seek to attract an equally diverse applicant pool for this position. We have a strong commitment to increasing faculty diversity.

      UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.

      --

      Marilyn Y. Goldberg

      Chair, Department of Ancient Studies

      Baltimore, Maryland 21250