FW: Inclusive and Engaged Leadership Certificate Program, November 7-10th in Madison, Wisconsin

  • Jayant Anand
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2012
      **********PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY, APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING********

      “The way we run our classrooms
      and the way we connect those classrooms to our communities can have a
      lot to say about whether our teaching and learning practices are
      advancing a more diverse, socially just, and democratic culture.”
      José Z. Calderon, Race, Poverty,
      and Social Justice: Multidisciplinary Perspectives through Service
      Learning (quoted in the National Task Force on Civic Learning and
      Democratic Engagement publication, A Crucible Moment: College Learning
      and Democracy’s Future.)

      This is an invitation for staff, faculty, and administrators tocreate a community of higher education leaders that responds to the call for action outlined in A Crucible Moment: College Learning and Democracy’s Future:  A Crucible Moment, written by The National Task Force on Civic Learning and Democratic Engagement,reminds us that,  “A socially
      cohesive and economically vibrant US democracy…require[s] informed,
      engaged, open-minded and socially responsible people committed to the
      common good and practiced in ‘doing’ democracy….Civic learning needs to
      be an integral component of every level of education, from grade school
      through graduate school, across all fields of study.”

      Join us November 7-10thin Madison, Wisconsin to be a part of this community of higher education leaders which:

      ·         Understands the links between civic engagement, inclusion, democracy and social innovation;
      ·         Possesses the skills necessary to create and sustain diverse, inclusive working and learning envi­ronments;
      ·         Applies these skills strategically and intentionally at their home in­stitutions and within their respective communities.

      Learn more about the  Inclusive and Engaged Leadership Institute and its comprehensive Certificate Program. Visit our websiteor contact us at: 1-877-UW-LEARN (1-877-895-3276).

      Co-Sponsors of the Institute include Campus Compact, National Coalition on Dialogue and Deliberation, and The Democracy Imperative.

      Stephan Hiroshi Gilchrist, Ed.D.
      Director, Office of Inclusion
      University of Wisconsin Colleges and University of Wisconsin-Extension
      432 North Lake Street, Room 541
      Madison, Wisconsin 53706

      608-262-0277 Office
      608-262-3049 Direct