Announcement for Co-Editor Position

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2012
      The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges (SACC) seeks an energetic anthropologist/teacher of anthropology to join our editorial team for Anthropology News (AN).

      The new co-contributing editor will work alongside Lloyd Miller, who has many years of experience in the position, and Ann Kaupp, Assistant Editor/Proof reader for our publication Teaching Anthropology: SACC Notes. Together, the contributing editors sit on the executive board of SACC and are responsible for the following:

      - Preparing a monthly 1000-word column for SACC's section news column in AN Online (these can be divvied up and shared, or team-written);

      - Attending yearly SACC business/board meetings at the AAAs and SACC annual meetings and submitting a short (1 page) annual report.

      This position requires only a modest amount of effort and at the same time is incredibly rewarding. The co-contributing editor will see his or her name in print in every edition of Anthropology News' Section News; gain editing experience for online and in-print publishing with guidance from Anthropology News editors; attend the Editor's Breakfast at the annual American Anthropological Association conference; and have AAA meeting registration paid for by SACC.

      If you are interested and able to make at least a 1-year commitment to the position, please email Lloyd Miller (lloyd.miller@...) or Laura González (lagonzal@...).