Re: [SACC-L] LA Times series

  • Linda Light
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2012
      On Sunday The LA Times started a 5-part series on over-population, including a general overview of historic population growth, youth bulges, India, China, contraception, etc. You can access all five articles at www.latimes.com/populationrising. I plan to use all 5 in my cultural anthro course this fall. There are some video clips that go with the articles.
      Linda Light

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2012
        Thanks Linda. I will check it out.
        Tim
        Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology
        Richland College
        12800 Abrams Rd.
        Dallas, TX 75243

        972-238-6959
        tsullivan@...
        >>> Linda Light 07/24/12 10:28 AM >>>
        On Sunday The LA Times started a 5-part series on over-population, including a general overview of historic population growth, youth bulges, India, China, contraception, etc. You can access all five articles at www.latimes.com/populationrising. I plan to use all 5 in my cultural anthro course this fall. There are some video clips that go with the articles.
        Linda Light

        ________________________________
        Thanks for this, Bob. I have used some of the articles mentioned in this but there are a few with which I am not familiar. I teach a Race, Religion and Science in American History course at UT Arlington in the Spring, and some of this may be of use.
        Tim
        Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology
        Richland College
        12800 Abrams Rd.
        Dallas, TX 75243

        972-238-6959
        mailto:tsullivan%40dcccd.edu
        >>> Bob Muckle 07/23/12 12:30 PM >>>
        Those who teach about race may find the following blog post interesting.

        http://www.livinganthropologically.com/2012/07/23/teaching-race-anthropology/

      • kent morris
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24, 2012
          I saved it too...
          On Jul 24, 2012, at 8:28 AM, Linda Light wrote:

          > On Sunday The LA Times started a 5-part series on over-population, including a general overview of historic population growth, youth bulges, India, China, contraception, etc. You can access all five articles at www.latimes.com/populationrising. I plan to use all 5 in my cultural anthro course this fall. There are some video clips that go with the articles.
          > Linda Light

        • Patricia Hamlen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2012
            Linda,