teaching race

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 23 10:30 AM
      Those who teach about race may find the following blog post interesting.

      http://www.livinganthropologically.com/2012/07/23/teaching-race-anthropology/

    • Tim Sullivan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 23 1:43 PM
        Thanks for this, Bob. I have used some of the articles mentioned in this but there are a few with which I am not familiar. I teach a Race, Religion and Science in American History course at UT Arlington in the Spring, and some of this may be of use.
        Tim
        Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology
        Richland College
        12800 Abrams Rd.
        Dallas, TX 75243

        972-238-6959
        tsullivan@...
        >>> Bob Muckle 07/23/12 12:30 PM >>>
        Those who teach about race may find the following blog post interesting.

        http://www.livinganthropologically.com/2012/07/23/teaching-race-anthropology/

      • Linda Light
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 24 8:28 AM
          On Sunday The LA Times started a 5-part series on over-population, including a general overview of historic population growth, youth bulges, India, China, contraception, etc. You can access all five articles at www.latimes.com/populationrising. I plan to use all 5 in my cultural anthro course this fall. There are some video clips that go with the articles.
          Linda Light

          ________________________________
          Thanks for this, Bob. I have used some of the articles mentioned in this but there are a few with which I am not familiar. I teach a Race, Religion and Science in American History course at UT Arlington in the Spring, and some of this may be of use.
          Tim
          Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
          Professor of Anthropology
          Richland College
          12800 Abrams Rd.
          Dallas, TX 75243

          972-238-6959
          mailto:tsullivan%40dcccd.edu

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24 8:50 AM
            Thanks Linda. I will check it out.
            Tim
            Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
            Professor of Anthropology
            Richland College
            12800 Abrams Rd.
            Dallas, TX 75243

            972-238-6959
            tsullivan@...
            >>> Linda Light 07/24/12 10:28 AM >>>
            On Sunday The LA Times started a 5-part series on over-population, including a general overview of historic population growth, youth bulges, India, China, contraception, etc. You can access all five articles at www.latimes.com/populationrising. I plan to use all 5 in my cultural anthro course this fall. There are some video clips that go with the articles.
            Linda Light

            ________________________________
            Thanks for this, Bob. I have used some of the articles mentioned in this but there are a few with which I am not familiar. I teach a Race, Religion and Science in American History course at UT Arlington in the Spring, and some of this may be of use.
            Tim
            Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
            Professor of Anthropology
            Richland College
            12800 Abrams Rd.
            Dallas, TX 75243

            972-238-6959
            mailto:tsullivan%40dcccd.edu
            >>> Bob Muckle 07/23/12 12:30 PM >>>
            Those who teach about race may find the following blog post interesting.

            http://www.livinganthropologically.com/2012/07/23/teaching-race-anthropology/

          • kent morris
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 24 9:17 AM
              I saved it too...
              On Jul 24, 2012, at 8:28 AM, Linda Light wrote:

              > On Sunday The LA Times started a 5-part series on over-population, including a general overview of historic population growth, youth bulges, India, China, contraception, etc. You can access all five articles at www.latimes.com/populationrising. I plan to use all 5 in my cultural anthro course this fall. There are some video clips that go with the articles.
              > Linda Light

            • Patricia Hamlen
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 25 5:55 PM
                Linda,