RE: [SACC-L] Darwin still losing...

    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 2, 2012
      Makes me think of an NPR interview recently in which a Congressman said there is little if any reflection taking place in Congress where members stop, think, and talk about where the country is going or should be going and about the issues facing us.

      From: Deborah Shepherd <shephdj@...<mailto:shephdj%40gmail.com>>
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com<mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Friday, June 29, 2012, 5:40 PM

      I had many students who came to me and said a variation of, "Just so you
      know, I don't believe in evolution..." I would stop them right there and
      tell them that there is no "belief" about evolution. It is just a matter of
      honest and careful observation. I think many of them distrusted me for that
      startling statement, but it made some of them think a little.

      Deborah