RE: Sharing the success of a community college student.

    Message 1 of 7 , May 15 9:49 AM
      Congratulations, Dianne.

      From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SACC-L@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of dianne.chidester@...
      Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:52 AM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SACC-L] Sharing the success of a community college student.

      I hope y'all don't mind if I share the success of one of my former
      students.

      I spent Sunday afternoon and all day Monday in Atlanta for Emory
      University's graduation ceremony. My former student, Mariangela Jordan,
      graduated on Monday and also received the highest undergraduate award
      from Emory ($20,000). She has also been accepted to work on her Ph.D.
      in Anthropology at Cornell University and has received financial support
      from them.

      http://pba.org/post/unusual-road-graduation

      http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/18388460/romanian-immigrant-travels-lo
      ng-road-to-emory-graduation

      Dianne Lynn Chidester, Assistant Professor

      Anthropology & Sociology

      Greenville Technical College

      P.O. Box 5616 MS 1042

      Greenville, SC 29607

      864-250-8729

      "You've got to be taught to hate and fear

      You've got to be taught from year to year

      It's got to be drummed in your dear little ear

      You've got to be carefully taught"

      --Rodgers & Hammerstein South Pacific

      Message 2 of 7 , May 15 1:01 PM
        Outstanding, Diane! By far the best feeling from teaching in our cc's is when you get the opportunity to see great results like this and be there with the student...nothin' better,,,keep doing what you do. Mark

        Message 3 of 7 , May 16 7:11 PM
          Dianne,
          This is wonderful news. You show the lasting influence of caring excellent teachers. You should be very proud.

          Congratulations!!

          Chuck

          Sent from my iPhone