From Oona Schmidt, AAA Director of Publishing

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2012
      Dear Member of the American Anthropological Association,

      The American Anthropological Association (AAA) needs to consider changes to our journal publication program and our publishing committee wants to hear from you before it makes any recommendations. The reasons behind why changes are important arise because the costs of production are increasing and non-member subscriptions are declining. As a result, our current funding model is not sustainable over the long term. It is imperative that we move toward a viable way of maintaining service to our members while achieving financial stability. However, we face opportunities as well, since new technologies and financing models have developed that could have the potential to reduce costs as well as to increase the audience for our anthropological research and insights.

      To tell the committee your opinion, please click on this URL: http://research.zarca.com/k/QsRXQTsQRSsRRTVYWWVSsP

      As a sign of appreciation, if you choose and complete the survey, you are eligible for a drawing to win one of two $50 VISA gift cards.

      In addition to this survey about the publishing program in general, a randomized sample of AAA members have also been asked to complete an Anthropology News readership survey, with detailed questions about the newspaper.

      On behalf of the Committee for the Future of Print and Electronic Publishing, I thank you for your feedback. We plan to close the survey in two weeks.

      Sincerely,

      Oona Schmid

      Director of Publishing