Help us defeat Juvenile Arthritis

  • Diane Levine
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2012
      Dear Friends and Family (if you don't consider yourself part of this
      group-please disregard this email):

      As many of you know, my grandson Theo Sturm, was recently diagnosed with
      Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. The arthritis is in his spine, but has
      affected his hip and knee. He has gone through at least 5 different
      medications, including weekly shots, in the last 9 months. Theo has many
      nights where he has difficulty falling asleep at night and he is almost
      never comfortable sitting in a chair. He has a special pillow that he uses
      at school and carries with him to the movies and baseball games.
      We have also learned that Juvenile Arthritis affects more than
      300,000 children and it is an autoimmune disease--it's not your grandpa's
      arthritis.
      On May 19th my daughter, Heidi, and family will be walking in the
      Los Angeles Arthritis Foundation's Walk. If you can, please help support
      Theo and our efforts to bring awareness to Juvenile Arthritis.
      Just click on this link:
      http://losangelesarthritiswalk.kintera.org/theo?faf=1&e=5704916428

      Thank you,
      Diane Levine

      P.S. You are also VERY welcome to join in at the walk on May 19th at the
      Santa Monica Pier!!!!

      --
      Diane