Fwd from Kim Baker, AAA

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2012
      The Executive Board of AAA charged the Committee for the Future and Print and Electronic Publishing (CFPEP) to propose a long-term planning process for our publications. The world of scholarly publishing is changing very rapidly and AAA is going to have to respond to the opportunities and challenges. As you know from Alec Barker, CFPEP has established a liaison with Section Assembly leadership. In the months ahead we will be asking for your feedback and ideas in various ways.

      CFPEP developed a membership survey about publications that recently was distributed to AAA members. We would like to ask that you encourage members of your section to complete the survey. They are looking for an email from Richard Thomas dated 4/18/2012 with the subject line: Invitation to Participate in Survey. They can also email Oona Schmid (oschmid@...<mailto:oschmid@...>) to request she send them their keyed URL.

      Results of the survey will be shared with you and the membership after they have been presented to the Executive Board. We greatly appreciate your assistance.

      Deborah L. Nichols
      William J. Bryant 1925 Professor of Anthropology Dartmouth College

      P.S. Members who complete the survey can elect to be in a drawing to win one of two $50 gift certificates, too.