Candidate Listing Now Available on AAA Site

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2012
      Kim Baker, AAA Section liaison announced the candidate list is up on the AAA website. Please take a look at the candidates and their bios for upcoming SACC Board positions.

      And thank you very much to all those folks who give their volunteer time and generous service in support of SACC.

      ~ Laura

      Kim Baker writes:
      "I wanted to let you all know that the Candidate listing for the AAA and Section elections (as it appears in the May edition of Anthropology News) is now online! The link to the pdf can be found on our elections page here: http://www.aaanet.org/about/elections/

      This is the first year that we have been able to make the candidates known prior to the opening of the ballot on April 15th."
    • Laura Gonzalez
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2012
        Yes, the Pirate King, Tim Sullivan, will be our President in 2012-2013, then
        the gavel will be passed to Ann Bragdon, who, surprisingly, gave in with
        only a slight arm twisting! They will both be fabulous presidents!

        Laura

      • Tim Sullivan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2012
          The Pirate King, eh? Shiver me timbers! 'Tis a funny day when a Pirate King takes over a crew and leads 'em to a landlocked site like Austin. Now, where did I put me sword?
          TLS
          Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
          Professor of Anthropology
          Richland College
          12800 Abrams Rd.
          Dallas, TX 75243

          972-238-6959
          tsullivan@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2012
            Well, Tim, about time you walked the plank! I will be exploring the city these next two weeks as I help with my daughter's wedding ceremonies and events.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 14, 2012
              Hey Mark.
              Is your daughter getting married in Austin?
              Tim
              Timothy L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
              Professor of Anthropology
              Richland College
              12800 Abrams Rd.
              Dallas, TX 75243

              972-238-6959
              tsullivan@...

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 14, 2012
                yes! at the Historical Museum, then reception at the Stephen Austin hotel...and I get to help conduct the ceremony, my fourth one- 2 in the sixties with Apache ritual, tepee drumming and pig roast (kosher of course), and my son Eli last year, now my daughter Carrie...both were at SACC in Seattle, I believe. The groom his father and groomsmen will be in kilts...I am thinking of wearing a tartan yarmulke...

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 15, 2012
                  Hey Mark, congratulations and best wishes. Bring a video to the next SACC conference, tartan yarmulke and all!
                  Lloyd