Re: [SACC-L] Do you know a recent PhD in Anthro?

  • Kathleen Terry-Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2012
      Also..I'll accept the application as long as it is post marked by the 31st.
      You can also email it to me at ksharp@... (I still need a hard
      copy, tho).

      On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM, lauratgonzalez <ltgonzalez@...> wrote:

      > **
      > AAA Leadership Mentoring Award Program
      > The American Anthropological Association is pleased to announce the annual
      > AAA Leadership Mentoring Award Program. The purpose of this
      > mentorship/award program is to provide a unique opportunity for young
      > professional anthropologists to learn about AAA and leadership
      > opportunities and to encourage future leadership in the association.
      > Anthropologists three to five years beyond completion of their terminal
      > graduate degree are encouraged to apply. Each year a group of three to five
      > awardees (mentees) will be paired with a mentor chosen from among AAA
      > leadership. Mentors will be available to mentees throughout the year to
      > answer questions related to AAA. Mentees will shadow mentors at the AAA
      > Annual Meeting where there will also be a lunch scheduled for all mentors
      > and mentees to share their experiences in the program.
      > Mentees will be provided a travel subsidy of $500 to attend the 2012 AAA
      > Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
      > Eligibility
      > An applicant must be:
      > a member of the American Anthropological Association.
      > within three to five years of having completed their terminal degree in
      > anthropology.
      > Application materials and complete instructions are available for download:
      > AAA Leadership Mentoring/Shadow Program Application Form (pdf file)
      > Deadline for receipt of materials has been extended to MARCH 31, 2012.
      > Completed application packages should be sent to:
      > American Anthropological Association
      > c/o Kathleen Terry-Sharp
      > Leadership Mentoring/Shadow Program
      > 2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 600
      > Arlington, VA 22201-3357
      > Questions regarding the award should be addressed to: Kathleen
      > Terry-Sharp, American Anthropological Association, 2200 Wilson Blvd, Suite
      > 600, Arlington, VA 22201, ksharp@....

      Kathleen Terry-Sharp
      Director, Academic Relations
      Director, Practicing and Applied Programs
      American Anthropological Association
      2200 Wilson Blvd, Suite 600
      Arlington, VA 22201
      Tel: (888) 393-1141, Fax: (703) 528-3546
      web: www.aaanet.org

      Get connected � Like AAA on Facebook today!