Dennison Nash

  • Lynch, Brian M
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2012
      Just wanted to pass on the note I received this morning from the Anthro. Department at UConn about the passing of Dennison Nash. I was a grad student in the department back in '88-92 and Dennison was already retired at that point, but still very much present in the department. In subsequent years as I began teaching (at my current position) I periodically used his "A Little Anthropology" as a supplement in my intro classes. Dennison was an interesting guy-he was focused in later years on the anthropology of tourism, among other things, and I recall a number of conversations I had with him about his active interest in some vineyards in France to which he periodically traveled! It sure gave me a different look at "doing anthropology" (and I often recall this when I read the regular posts from Bob M. about his interest in anthropology and beer!)

      If anyone is interested there apparently will be plans made for some type of memorial service for Dennison, still TBD.

      Brian