Indigenous Peoples book

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2012
      For those who are interested in this kind of thing....

      my Indigenous Peoples of North America: A Concise Anthropological Overview book rolled off the presses earlier this week, and is now available.

      I expect about half the sales to be as a core textbook for those who teach an anthropology courses about Native American/First Nations in North America; with the other half to come from use as a supplentary text in anthropology and other disciplines that touch on Indigneous peoples in North America (eg. Indigenous studies, history, sociology) and the trade market (eg. museums).

      Those who may consider it as a core anthro text should appreciate that it is not comprehensive. Anyone using it to teach would likely want to supplement it with other books or readings. As a core text, it is designed so that instructors familiar with the Indigenous peoples can focus on their own regional or topical area of interest with supplements.

      The price is $24.95. Good value.

      http://www.utppublishing.com/Indigenous-Peoples-of-North-America-A-Concise-Anthropological-Overview.html

      Bob Muckle

    • Gilliland, Mary