Section Assembly - Motion Passed

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 6:32 AM
      News from the Section Assembly, a body of Presidents of all AAA sections:

      Yesterday we passed a motion requesting the AAA Executive Board to consider changes in meeting registration policies. This is the same motion that I notified the list serv about several weeks ago, with the goal being to make meetings more accessible financially to non-anthropologists who may be participating in meeting events, such as presenting or co-presenting a paper.

      It read as follows in its final incarnation:

      "The Section Assembly urges the Association's Executive Board to introduce a one-day registration fee (and the possibility of full fee waivers) for our annual meetings under certain limited conditions. The special registrations would be available to those who wish to attend or participate in specific meeting-related events such as sessions, workshops, roundtables, and innovents, who are not professional anthropologists, and who would not otherwise take part in the meeting. The details of the policy are to be worked out by the Executive Board, keeping in mind the dual objectives: 1) to make our meetings as widely accessible as possible, and 2) that any change in registration policy be at least revenue neutral for the Association."

      Best,
      Laura
    • Andrew Petto
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 6:51 AM