FW: Position Announcement

  • Ann Popplestone
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 1999
      From: Ann Popplestone [SMTP:pops@...]
      Sent: Thursday, March 04, 1999 11:12 PM
      To: 'Anthro-L Messages'
      Subject: Position Announcement

      LUTHER COLLEGE
      DECORAH, IOWA

      NOTICE OF AN ANNUALLY RENEWABLE, THREE-YEAR TERM ANTHROPOLOGY POSITION

      POSITION: Assistant Professor of Anthropology/Sociology

      BEGINNING DATE: Late August, 1999

      QUALIFICATIONS: Position beginning late August, 1999, annual appointments
      with renewal options through the third terminal year. Ph.D. and proven
      teaching effectiveness a must. Because about half of the teaching load
      will consist of American Diversity offerings, only candidates with academic
      and/or teaching credibility in this cultural area will be considered.
      Preference given to candidates with some professional sociological
      background. Otherwise, interest areas are open.

      RESPONSIBILITIES: To teach at least three American Diversity sections, two
      introductory anthropology offerings and an introductory sociology course
      during a two-semester and January-term academic year. Additional course
      may follow from the successful candidate's other interest areas. This
      person shall join three anthropology and three sociology faculty in a
      nine-person Sociology/Anthropology/Social Work department where both
      instructors and students expect teaching commitment and enthusiasm.

      SALARY RANGE: Competitive. Commensurate with academic qualifications and
      professional experience. Competitive fringe benefits.

      For more information about Luther College and the Anthropology program see
      the college website www.luther.edu and the Anthropology webpage
      www.luther.edu/dept/anthro.htm.

      Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position
      is filled. The successful applicant will be required to complete
      Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 of the U.S. Immigration and
      Naturalization Service. All correspondence including letter of
      application, curriculum vitae, names/addresses/phone/e-mail addresses of 3
      references (at least two who can provide evaluative comments on applicant's
      teaching history) and official transcripts of undergraduate work should be
      sent to:
      Harv Klevar, Chair, Search Committee
      Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work
      Luther College
      700 College Drive
      Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
      Telephone: 319/387-1282 (office) or
      Fax: 319/387-1107
      klevarha@...

      LUTHER COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE
      CAMPUS SECURITY ACT-PUBLIC LAW 101-542.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 1999
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 27, 2000
          Ann Popplestone