fyi..Oklahoma and anti-evolution bill

  • Ann Bragdon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2012
      In case you missed this:
      Oklahoma bill attacks evolution and climate change

      http://ncse.com/news/2012/01/oklahoma-bill-attacks-evolution-climate-change-007158

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2012
        How nice that the sponsors of this bill wish to join us in promoting "critical thinking" in science classes!

        Campaigns against nasty ole' evolution seem to have been off the national front pages for a while. Here in Iowa, the usual campaigners are thoroughly preoccupied with trying to get rid of our same-sex marriage law. They managed to vote out three of the state supreme court justices who upheld the law, but I think they'll have a more difficult time reversing the law itself. However, for the moment, they don't seem to have the time to propose their usual complement of anti-evolution legislation.

        Lloyd

        On Jan 25, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Ann Bragdon wrote:

        > In case you missed this:
        > Oklahoma bill attacks evolution and climate change
        >
        > http://ncse.com/news/2012/01/oklahoma-bill-attacks-evolution-climate-change-007158

      • r G Ellenbaum
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2012
          This kind of action shows a complete lack of understanding of science, critical thinking, and a thoughtful faith. As an anthropologist and a minister, this kind of stupidity makes me angry and sad. Seeing Republican camdidates

          Chuck Ellenbaum

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2012
            This kind of behavior shows a shocking lack of understanding of science, critical thinking & a thoughtful intelligent faith. Seeing Republican candidates pandering to this group is frightening & shows their lack of fitness to govern. As an anthropologist & a minister, I am appalled.