Re: [SACC-L] Fwd: suggested resolutions to submit at upcoming Caucus

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2011
      I agree wholeheartedly, Frank. I'd also add that the bankers and Wall Street moguls who screwed us be charged, tried, and, if convicted, heavily fined and sent to prison.

      I should point out that the email piece is a setup that someone, not Warren Buffet, wrote. Here's a quote from the truthorfiction.com site:

      "The Buffett quote is real and taken from a transcript of an interview on CNBC on July 7, 2011. Buffett gave a humorous quick solution to fix the problems of the deficit and Congress during a live interview. Buffett jokingly said, "I could end the deficit in five minutes. You just pass a law that says that any time there's a deficit of more than three percent of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election. Yeah, yeah, now you've got the incentives in the right place, right?"
      "TruthOrFiction.Com has found no evidence that Warren Buffett has made such a plea to forward this email on the Internet."

      The expressed sentiments are what moved me about the piece. I saw the proposals not as viable resolutions but as emotional support for the "re-claiming the nation" feelings that are currently permeating the air here in Iowa.

      I do look forward to attending my neighborhood Democratic caucus next Tuesday to hear what the various factions of the party have to say. However, a part of me has considered being a "fly on the wall" at the Republican caucus. That's where the excitement will be. But when the caucuses are over, Iowa will again become the "fly-over wilderness" for another four years.

      Lloyd