found the SACC CFP

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2011
      After wrestling with the new Yahoo profile requirements (necessary before
      being allowed to see anything online), I found this message about the CFPs.
      So, apologies for my last list email (which doesn't show yet). I get busy on

      Call for paper presentations
      2012 SACC Annual Meeting

      The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges (SACC) is holding its
      annual meeting in San Diego, California from April 25-28. The theme of the
      meeting is "Teaching R/evolution."

      The theme for this year's SACC meeting was inspired by Michael Wesch's
      "Information R/evolution" video
      The video explores recent changes in how we store, organize, and share
      information using digital media. It was made in order to spark discussion
      how information may be found, evaluated, and created in the future. Our
      will inherit that future. Part of our task as teachers is to prepare them
      decisions, experiences, and jobs that don't yet exist. The conference theme
      reflects that challenge.

      Also implicit in the theme is the concept that teaching anthropology is an
      essentially revolutionary act. We buck mainstream messages by presenting
      evidence for our shared humanity, promoting tolerance over suspicion, and
      dismantling the race concept. Anthropologists are revolutionary when they
      the concept of evolution, period. Anthropology also teaches about
      technological, social, historical, current. What do you do in the classroom
      is revolutionary?

      Proposals for paper presentations on this year's theme or any topic relating
      anthropology are welcome. Of particular interest are presentations on

      Paper presentations are tentatively scheduled for 15 minutes. Abstracts
      be no longer than 125 words and must be received no later than March 1,
      Make sure to include your institutional affiliation and contact information
      your abstract.

      Abstracts should be sent to Rebecca Stein, preferably via email at
      qaj5ZEGwdmVLTMgSAxgUMMJoqFCyc714loraAdGBSSkCBDMkZW> or rls@...
      Lu1jOolP4A2uSnEJaFI6fdIULhNaoQA6qhblFGMRP0LcyCJ77U> . Paper abstracts, if
      necessary, may be sent
      to Rebecca Stein, Department of Anthropology, Los Angeles Valley College,
      Fulton Avenue, Valley Glen, California, 91401.

      Notification of acceptance or rejection of proposals will be completed by
      15, 2012. No proposal will be accepted for final inclusion in the program
      the program chair receives confirmation from the AAA, prior to March 15,
      that the conference registration fees have been paid.