Re: [SACC-L] AAA San Francisco

  • Gilliland, Mary
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2011
      Oops typing on a small device leads to typos!

      Mary Kay Gilliland
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 8, 2011, at 1:03 PM, "Gilliland, Mary" <mkgilliland@...<mailto:mkgilliland@...>> wrote:

      This is do interesting Ann. The time expectations resonate with an experience I had a few years back with a supervisor who was especially harsh when people weren't not only on time but not early!

      Mary Kay Gilliland

      On Dec 8, 2011, at 11:42 AM, "Kaupp, Ann" <kauppa@...<mailto:kauppa%40si.edu><mailto:kauppa@...<mailto:kauppa%40si.edu>>> wrote:

      I just went to a very interesting diversity session given by an expert on unconscious biases regarding ethnicity, gender, heights, body size, age, etc. Where do these biases come from? They come from our own experiences. One person said how he expected his employees to at work on time was so important to him as a supervisor and trainer asked why that was and he replied his parents made him feel shame (likely some physical punishment there) if he were late. Just thought I’d share.