NPS graduate fellowship opportunity in climate change

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2011
      Dear NGS Friends:

      The National Park Service is accepting applications from graduate students for year-long fellowships to support thesis and dissertation research related to climate change. Students in all natural, cultural, and social science disciplines related to climate change and its effects on resources protected by the NPS are eligible. Field research must be conducted in one or more US National Park, and may be conducted as well in protected areas of Canada and Mexico for the purposes of understanding transboundary conservation or comparative approaches to adaptive managment.

      Attached is a flyer describing the program. The application materials and instructions can be found here http://coenv.washington.edu/students/melendez_wright/index.shtml

      The George Melendez Wright Climate Change Fellowship program is entering its 3rd year. In previous years, few applications have been received from racial and ethnic minority populations, or from disciplines outside of biology. I would appreciate your assistance in distributing this information broadly via your professional networks.

      Thanks, and I hope you are all well. Best wishes for the new year!

      Tim
      (See attached file: GMW_CCFP announcement 2012_FINAL.pdf)

      *****
      Tim Watkins, PhD
      Science and Education Coordinator
      RLC/CESU National Coordinator