Would you like to recognize an outstanding student?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2011
      Dear SACCers,

      Consider nominating one of your students for one of two SACC student awards described below. The deadline for submission is January 16, 2012. The prize for the student awards is $200 and registration waiver to attend the SACC annual meeting, April 25-29, 2012. We hope SACC will recognize one or two outstanding anthropology students this coming year so that we can express our appreciation and offer our support to these budding professionals.

      Awards Committee:

      Beverly Bennett
      Dianne Chidester
      Laura Gonzalez
      Nicole Ives
      Ann Kaupp, chair

      SACC Student Award for Academic Excellence

      Description: This prize recognizes excellence in student research, intellectual creativity, originality, and quality of writing. Papers will be evaluated by the SACC Review Committee.

      Prize: $200 and registration fee waived to attend SACC 2012 annual meeting in San Diego, CA, April 25-29, 2012.

      Level of Study: Undergraduate in a two or four year college

      Submission Information: Faculty must submit on behalf of undergraduate students (no more than two students) research papers that relate to one of the five fields of anthropology (archaeology, socio-cultural, biological, linguistics, or applied). Papers, sent as email attachments, should be no longer than 25 double-spaced pages. Faculty and students need not be SACC members. Papers must be submitted electronically.

      Application Submission Deadline: January 16, 2012

      Where: The winner will be announced at the SACC 2012 annual meeting in San Diego, CA.

      Contact Information: Ann Kaupp, kauppa@...

      SACC Student Award for Creativity, Leadership,
      or Community Service

      Description: This prize recognizes an exceptional student who has made an outstanding contribution to the academic or local community by demonstrating creativity, leadership, or community service.

      Prize: $200 and registration fee waived to attend SACC 2012 annual meeting in San Diego, CA, April 25-29, 2012.

      Level of Study: Undergraduate in a two or four year college

      Submission Information: Faculty must submit a written recommendation, sent as an email attachment, of no more than five pages for an exceptional student who fits the above criteria. Faculty must be a member of SACC.

      Application Submission Deadline: is January 16, 2012

      Where: The winner will be announced at the SACC 2012 in San Diego, CA.

      Contact Information: Ann Kaupp, kauppa@...

      P. Ann Kaupp, Head
      Anthropology Outreach Office
      National Museum of Natural History