Thank you to Mel Johnson/New Initiatives

  • Laura Gonzalez
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2011
      Esteemed colleagues,

      First, I wanted to give a word of appreciation publicly to Mel Johnson,
      finishing his term, who has been the go-to person for as long as I have been
      a member of SACC. In addition to finishing a Ph.D., moving to a new city,
      taking on a new full time position, and managing all other affairs, he did
      an incredible job as our President, with his usual attention to detail.
      Mel’s meeting last year in Omaha was wonderful in so many ways, and I’m so
      glad I was able to participate. I hope that my meeting in San Diego has as
      much heart as Mel’s did.

      In addition, if you hadn’t heard through the grapevine, I also wanted to let
      you know officially that the SACC Executive Board has changed its focus from
      pursuing a name change to developing new membership initiatives while
      remaining SACC. Thank you to all involved for providing input, history,
      comments and questions that were important to our internal discussion.

      Best wishes,

      Laura

      Laura T. González

      Associate Professor, Anthropology