announcing my new blog

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2011
      Hi, Folks

      New blog at ShephDJ.tumblr.com

      I think I've removed most of the bugs from the blog I started last night. It
      was behaving especially badly in Internet Explorer although it was working
      in Mozilla Firefox. Things look normal to me now. If you check it out and
      have any problems, I'd be glad of a note telling me about it.

      Because I've linked the blog to my twitter account (ShephDJ), I've called it
      Anthro Twitter. Creative, huh? Entries will be somewhat random in
      anthropology content.

      Oops, just remembered. I have to go tag my last two entries.

      Deborah

    • Lynch, Brian M
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2011
        Thanks, Deborah!

        I was just introducing my cultural anthro class to the use of RSS feeds,
        Twitter, delicious, and blogs. Surprisingly the "net generation" in my
        class is not as technically up to the minute as some might believe. In
        any case, I will use your blog as a great example of one of the kinds of
        mashups I have been asking about in class. Aggregating it via my Google
        Reader (RSS) subscriptions, all I'll have to do is open the Google
        Reader, and I will have feeds from yours and a whole variety of other
        blogs and websites. Takes Tweeting even further away from the
        trivialized caricature through which it is often portrayed.

        Brian

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2011
          And thanks for introducing me to Google Reader. I didn't know about this and
          have just set up my Reader page. Very convenient.