Manis Mastodon site

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2011
      Those interested in the earliest Americans in general, and the Manis Mastodon site in particular, may want to consider viewing my most recent column in the on-line version of Anthropology News. The column focuses on the Manis Mastodon site and the hoopla generated from the October 21st article in 'Science' about it.

      http://www.anthropology-news.org/index.php/2011/11/09/manis-hoopla-is-well-deserved/

      Bob
    • Anthony Balzano
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2011
        FYI. See attached PDF for how the NY Times Science section for 25 Oct 2011 reported the bone-point mastodon hunt site. [The small article is located in the lower left-hand corner.]

        Anthony Balzano, PhD
        Professor of Anthropology & Sociology
        Chair, Dept. of Social Sciences & History
        Sussex County (NJ) Community College
        1 College Hill Rd.
        Newton, NJ 07860 (U.S.)

        abalzano@...