Evolution Panel - from Dianne

  • lauratgonzalez
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2011
      SACC member going to Montreal! -- Below is the schedule for the invited
      session on Wednesday. We have 15 minutes for each presentation and we've left
      plenty of time for discussion at the end of the session. Hope to see you
      there! -- Dianne

      2-0470 THE LEGACIES OF TEACHING EVOLUTIONARY IDEAS: NOT BUCKLING IN THE "BIBLE
      BELT"

      Wednesday, November 16, 2011: 16:00-17:45

      Abstract not available in preliminary program.

      This session would be of particular interest to:
      Teachers of Anthropology in Community Colleges, Students

      Organizers: Dianne L Chidester (Greenville Technical College) and Jo Rainie
      Rodgers (Ohlone College)

      16:00

      A Theory Is More Than Just An Idea: Introducing Evolutionary Theory
      <http://aaa.confex.com/aaa/2011/webprogrampreliminary/Paper8791.html>

      Nicole R Ives (Prince George's Community College )

      16:15

      Either/or: The Characteristics of Science, Pseudoscience and Religion
      <http://aaa.confex.com/aaa/2011/webprogrampreliminary/Paper8800.html>

      Dianne L Chidester (Greenville Technical College)

      16:30

      Religion, Sex and Evolution: Engaging Strategies for Teaching "Hot" Topics
      <http://aaa.confex.com/aaa/2011/webprogrampreliminary/Paper8794.html>

      Mary K Gilliland (Pima Community College)

      16:45

      The Texas Two-Step to Scientific Literacy:Teaching Human Origins
      <http://aaa.confex.com/aaa/2011/webprogrampreliminary/Paper8762.html>

      Ann L Bragdon (Northwest College -- Houston Community College)

      17:00

      Change Over Time: Teaching Evolutionary Theory to 21st Century Students
      <http://aaa.confex.com/aaa/2011/webprogrampreliminary/Paper8766.html>

      Autumn Cahoon (Sierra College)

      17:15

      Discussion