RE: [SACC-L] funny update on Gov. Scott and Anthropology

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2011
      What Scott doesn't realize is that he's just making our point. Anthropology
      study makes you a better special education teacher and a better business
      whatever.

      I took a Celtic literature course in college. I didn't major in Celtic
      studies, and if I had done so, it is extremely remote that I would have ever
      had a job designed for Celtic literature graduates. However, that course has
      turned out to be one of the most useful courses I took at any time after
      high school.

      Deborah

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 14, 2011
        "Papa don't preach....".

        Professor Jason Brandon Wenzel, M.A.
        Anthropology & Sociology
        E-Learning
        wenzelj@...

        I was wondering if Scott's statements about anthropology were inspired
        by personal biases; some of his wording suggests it. It would be
        interesting to hear what his daughter has to say.
        Lloyd

        On Oct 13, 2011, at 3:37 PM, Greg Smith wrote:

        > Turns out Florida governor Scott's daughter was an anthro major!

        http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2011/oct/12/1/gov-scotts-daughter
        -has-anthropology-degree-ar-271476/

        > --Greg

        > J. Gregory Smith, Ph.D.
        > Assistant Professor of Anthropology
        > Northwest College
        > 231 West Sixth Street
        > Powell, Wyoming 82435
        > office phone: 307/754-6131

        www.northwestcollege.edu/anthropology<www.northwestcollege.edu/area/anth
        ropology>

      • Thomas Stevenson
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2011
          Here is a very nice presentation by University of South Florida
          anthropology students to Gov. Scott

          http://prezi.com/vmvomt3sj3fd/this-is-anthropology/
          <https://mail.ohio.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=18fbc76c42a04e65be05ce29f734b513&URL=http%3a%2f%2fprezi.com%2fvmvomt3sj3fd%2fthis-is-anthropology%2f>

          Thomas B. Stevenson