FW: anthropology and the bible

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2000
      This message arrived in my e-mail today.

      It sounds to me like the writer is an Arab Nationalist and religious conservative.  I am not well enough versed in Middle Eastern Archaeology to give a scholarly (as opposed to political/religious) answer so I am handing the question off to any interested takers.

      The points about genetic admixture are valid.  Or at least half-way so.  The Middle East is called that because it is the crossroads between all sorts of places in the Old World.  Given the number of migrations, invasions, and passers-through, it is safe to say that ALL Middle Easterners represent a variety of genetic groups.

      Please reply to the original sender (lying_slayer@dragonbbs   or  arabisrael@... )  and to the list.

      Thanks!

      Ann Popplestone

      CCC TLC