Anthropology in Florida under fire

  • Wenzel, Jason
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2011
      Anthropology in Florida is under attack from Governor Rick Scott who recently made comments to the public that we are no longer needed.

      http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/scott-florida-doesnt-need-more-anthropology-majors

      "that Florida doesn't need a lot more anthropologists in this state.
      It's a great degree if people want to get it. But we don't need them
      here,"

      Here is the link to the response letter to Scott from AAA President
      Virginia R. Dominguez and Executive Director William E. Davis III:

      http://www.aaanet.org/issues/policy-advocacy/upload/Letter-to-Gov-Scott.PDF

      Jason

      Professor Jason Brandon Wenzel, M.A.
      Anthropology & Sociology