Re: [SACC-L] SACC name change

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
      Hey, I sure second that! I've never been in the Northeast and would love an opportunity to go.
      Lloyd

    • dianne.chidester@gvltec.edu
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
        Lloyd, You have too been in the Northeast. I remember a jazz club in
        Boston and fire alarms in the middle of the night chasing us all into
        the streets. Ahh. Sweet SACC memories! -- Dianne

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
          Diane, as usual is absolutely on target with the other forces affecting membership, however, the fact remains that the greatest loss of SACC in my view, will be the loss of a national department, a family of isolated one-professor departments with added adjuncts that needed a collegial support group. Now all small departments are being crushed by the political economy of education in states and the lack of a sane federal government.

          _____

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
            OMG, is Boston in the Northeast? I had forgotten! I think we "veterans" need to have a "reminiscence" session at the next meetings. So much fun and so much to remember...No longer will I chortle at people who think we grow potatoes in Iowa�Lloyd

          • Dianne C
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3, 2011
              Lloyd, Iowa ISN"T the potato capital? What do y'all grow? I know Idaho (or one of those "flyover states" grows corn!

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 3, 2011
                Iowa grows tractors!

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 3, 2011
                  Ahah, you must have seen some from across the Omaha side of the Bob Kerry Memorial Bridge.