RE: [SACC-L] SACC name change

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
      Brian, would you consider organizing a meeting in your area? Would be fun to be in the NE again.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
        Nina,

        You are absolutely right. A name change will likely benefit our organization
        because it may draw more members from the pool of people already paying AAA
        dues. However, no name change will really do much to help our colleagues at
        community colleges. This is a problem that we need to continue to address.

        Even those faculty who aren't AAA or SACC members can still come to the
        conferences and participate fully, if they have the resources. However, as
        you point out, those resources are sorely lacking. I will consider
        virtual/digital possibilities for the 2012 conference for those who would
        like to participate but cannot physically be there. Great idea.

        Laura

        _____

        From: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:SACC-L%40yahoogroups.com>
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
          Hey, I sure second that! I've never been in the Northeast and would love an opportunity to go.
          Lloyd

        • dianne.chidester@gvltec.edu
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
            Lloyd, You have too been in the Northeast. I remember a jazz club in
            Boston and fire alarms in the middle of the night chasing us all into
            the streets. Ahh. Sweet SACC memories! -- Dianne

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
              Diane, as usual is absolutely on target with the other forces affecting membership, however, the fact remains that the greatest loss of SACC in my view, will be the loss of a national department, a family of isolated one-professor departments with added adjuncts that needed a collegial support group. Now all small departments are being crushed by the political economy of education in states and the lack of a sane federal government.

              _____

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 2, 2011
                OMG, is Boston in the Northeast? I had forgotten! I think we "veterans" need to have a "reminiscence" session at the next meetings. So much fun and so much to remember...No longer will I chortle at people who think we grow potatoes in Iowa�Lloyd

              • Dianne C
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 3, 2011
                  Lloyd, Iowa ISN"T the potato capital? What do y'all grow? I know Idaho (or one of those "flyover states" grows corn!

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 3, 2011
                    Iowa grows tractors!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 3, 2011
                      Ahah, you must have seen some from across the Omaha side of the Bob Kerry Memorial Bridge.