Re: PGCC Anthropology Position - My Sad Story

  • alisonanthropology
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3 8:15 AM
      Hi Nikki-
      Feel free to email me off list-serv. I'd be more than happy to pass along tips that have helped me with job searching and even forward some job opening options to consider if you're so interested. That is especially true for options so that you can stay in D.C. :)

      I mean, I'm already looking for openings in that same area (as well as nation-wide), so it takes no extra time on my part to send along once I know a little more info from you (hence the request to email off list).

      I'm sorry that the process went the way it did for you!

      -Alison

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5 10:36 AM
        Nikki,

        What a bummer! I'm so sorry that happened. Sadly, it's happening all too often nationwide, but that certainly doesn't offer any comfort. I second Tony's sentiments (though I know it's easier to say than to do): don't take it personally; it's not about you. I'm pretty much out of the loop anymore but if I hear of an opening, I'll sure let you know.

        Best of luck,
        Lloyd

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5 3:35 PM
          Nikki, I was hoping to let you know about some positions that I knew were
          coming up from retired colleagues as well as my own, but NONE of them are
          being filled right now...I actually heard that my college president asked my
          Dean the following: "but how is anthropology relevant to our changing
          needs"? (STEM, etc.) This is from an English lit Ph.D...I am using all of
          these examples for an article.