Re: [SACC-L] RE: Problems with Teaching Evolution?

  • Ann Bragdon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
      That will take a LOT of practice!!

    • bmuckle@capilanou.ca
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
        Capilano had Brinkman live as well. He was brought in by the English Department last year.

        Envoy� sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le r�seau de Bell.

        Actually, one of our faculty managed to bring "Baba Brinkman" to our
        college.. was great... although I understand that at the other campus
        he had "interesting" reactions!

        There was a NYT article about him just a bit ago.. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/28/science/28rap.html

        ann

        On Jul 2, 2011, at 1:53 PM, Anthony Balzano wrote:

        > Ann -- Thanks! This is great. By the way, check out Baba Brinkman's
        > Hip-Hop Guide to Evolution -- it is better than I first thought. A
        > couple of the songs are on YouTube and the album is available for
        > $9.99 on iTunes.
        >
        > Anthony Balzano, PhD
        > Professor of Anthropology & Sociology
        > Chair, Dept. of Social Sciences & History
        > Sussex County (NJ) Community College
        > 1 College Hill Rd.
        > Newton, NJ 07860 (U.S.)
        >
        > abalzano@...
        > fonddesblancs2010@...
        > SKYPE: anthonybalzano
        > SCCC Office: 973-300-2177

      • Carol Hayman
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
          The Origin of Species interpreted by The Genomic Dub Collective in reggae
          dub is pretty good too.

          http://pathogenomics.bham.ac.uk/Dub/

          Carol Hayman
          Professor of Anthropology
          Austin Community College
          Office Hours: MW � 9:00 � 10:00
          223-3403
          RGC 250.1 Annex (1212 Rio Grande)

          Voice Mail: 223-1790 x 22932

        • Laura Gonzalez
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
            Ha ha, LOL!

            Laura

            On Jul 2, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Laura Gonzalez wrote:

            > You're going to rap about evolution, Ann? That is so cool!
            >
            > Laura

          • Anthony Balzano