Indus Language

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2011
      I imagine you all know about TED.com talks, but a new talk on the Indus script is definitely worth a shout out. Some of the recent excavation reports talk about recent advances in finding and sorting the symbols. I enjoy covering the Indus Valley with my archaeology students, but Rajesh Rao makes it all seem much more real.

      http://www.ted.com/talks/rajesh_rao_computing_a_rosetta_stone_for_the_indus_script.html

      If you are teaching archaeology, linguistic anthropology, or even cultural anthropology (Rao describes the political wars over different scholarly points of view and how his interpretation has even earned him some violent threats), this 17+ minute video may be of interest.

      Deborah