Fw: DNA MAY ANSWER BIGFOOT MYSTERY

  • kent morris
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
      DNA MAY ANSWER BIGFOOT MYSTERY

      Close-up of the "paw" print image above. The impression was reportedly left by
      Bigfoot on the window of a pickup truck in the California Sierra National Forest
      over Memorial Day weekend 2011.

      Bigfoot or bear? Pictured is a second impression left on the rear side window of
      the same truck from the previous slides.
      According to forensic/law enforcement photographer Mickey Burrow, "What
      you're seeing is a swipe mark. It looks like a small hand, swiping to the left,
      leaving another impression, and there's hair within those areas -- you can see
      where the hair would be." - AOL News

      Pictures of the creature, estimated
      at 7 1/2 feet tall, were taken northeast of Eureka, Calif., in October 1967

      A DNA test could prove the one thing that decades of grainy videos, mysterious footprints and unverified eyewitness accounts haven't -- the existence of Bigfoot. Bigfoot researchers in California say they've obtained startling evidence, and are now trying to raise money for genetic testing on an oil residue purportedly left behind by the elusive hairy beast.

      This footprint was found over Memorial Day weekend, 2011, near Fresno, Calif.
      by a group of campers who were on a Bigfoot-hunting expedition.

      The print, measuring approximately 12 inches, was found near a truck where
      possible DNA evidence was left behind by more than one Bigfoot creature.

      AOL News has obtained exclusive photos taken recently by forensic expert Mickey Burrow, who examined the evidence, and those photos are available here for the first time.

      A preserved skull and hand said to be that of a Yeti or Abominable Snowman
      is on display at Pangboche monastery, near Mount Everest. - HuffPost

    • Bob Muckle
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
        Thanks for forwarding this to SACC-L. I love Bigfoot stories, and have been using Bigfoot to teach about the nature of science, and critical thinking for a very long time.

        I especially like how people often think DNA is going to give a definitive answer. I can't imagine a result coming back that identifies DNA as 'Bigfoot'. One of my favorite blurbs about science is that "sciences explains the unknown from what is already known." And since we don't know what Bigfoot DNA is like (if Bigfoot really exists), how could someone possibly identify DNA as Bigfoot?

        I bet this story goes nowhere, along with the hundreds of others that indicate someone has found bigfoot hair, blood, feces,a and more that are being sent to a lab for further study.

        I hope it is true, but I doubt it.

        Bob

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
          How ironic. Or maybe not. This morning, a "38 year veteran sasquatch investigator" began following me on Twitter. No, I've never tweeted anything about sasquatch or her relatives.

          ________________________________

          Thanks for forwarding this to SACC-L. I love Bigfoot stories, and have been using Bigfoot to teach about the nature of science, and critical thinking for a very long time.

          I especially like how people often think DNA is going to give a definitive answer. I can't imagine a result coming back that identifies DNA as 'Bigfoot'. One of my favorite blurbs about science is that "sciences explains the unknown from what is already known." And since we don't know what Bigfoot DNA is like (if Bigfoot really exists), how could someone possibly identify DNA as Bigfoot?

          I bet this story goes nowhere, along with the hundreds of others that indicate someone has found bigfoot hair, blood, feces,a and more that are being sent to a lab for further study.

          I hope it is true, but I doubt it.

          Bob

          >>> kent morris <km52@...<mailto:km52%40att.net>> 06/26/11 8:35 AM >>>

          DNA MAY ANSWER BIGFOOT MYSTERY

          Close-up of the "paw" print image above. The impression was reportedly left by
          Bigfoot on the window of a pickup truck in the California Sierra National Forest
          over Memorial Day weekend 2011.

          Bigfoot or bear? Pictured is a second impression left on the rear side window of
          the same truck from the previous slides.
          According to forensic/law enforcement photographer Mickey Burrow, "What
          you're seeing is a swipe mark. It looks like a small hand, swiping to the left,
          leaving another impression, and there's hair within those areas -- you can see
          where the hair would be." - AOL News

          Pictures of the creature, estimated
          at 7 1/2 feet tall, were taken northeast of Eureka, Calif., in October 1967

          A DNA test could prove the one thing that decades of grainy videos, mysterious footprints and unverified eyewitness accounts haven't -- the existence of Bigfoot. Bigfoot researchers in California say they've obtained startling evidence, and are now trying to raise money for genetic testing on an oil residue purportedly left behind by the elusive hairy beast.

          This footprint was found over Memorial Day weekend, 2011, near Fresno, Calif.
          by a group of campers who were on a Bigfoot-hunting expedition.

          The print, measuring approximately 12 inches, was found near a truck where
          possible DNA evidence was left behind by more than one Bigfoot creature.

          AOL News has obtained exclusive photos taken recently by forensic expert Mickey Burrow, who examined the evidence, and those photos are available here for the first time.

          A preserved skull and hand said to be that of a Yeti or Abominable Snowman
          is on display at Pangboche monastery, near Mount Everest. - HuffPost

        • Andrew J Petto
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
            I didn't see a link to a photo; was there one with the article?

            Is there a URL?

            Anj

            ------------
            Andrew J Petto, PhD
            Senior Lecturer
            Department of Biological Sciences
            University of Wisconsin -- Milwaukee
            PO Box 413
            Milwaukee WI 53201-0413
            CapTel Line: 1-877-243-2823
            Telephone: 414-229-6784
            FAX: 414-229-3926

            *************
            *************

            -- Pat Conroy
            The Prince of Tides

            How ironic. Or maybe not. This morning, a "38 year veteran sasquatch investigator" began following me on Twitter. No, I've never tweeted anything about sasquatch or her relatives.

            ________________________________

            Thanks for forwarding this to SACC-L. I love Bigfoot stories, and have been using Bigfoot to teach about the nature of science, and critical thinking for a very long time.

            I especially like how people often think DNA is going to give a definitive answer. I can't imagine a result coming back that identifies DNA as 'Bigfoot'. One of my favorite blurbs about science is that "sciences explains the unknown from what is already known." And since we don't know what Bigfoot DNA is like (if Bigfoot really exists), how could someone possibly identify DNA as Bigfoot?

            I bet this story goes nowhere, along with the hundreds of others that indicate someone has found bigfoot hair, blood, feces,a and more that are being sent to a lab for further study.

            I hope it is true, but I doubt it.

            Bob

            >>> kent morris <km52@...<mailto:km52%40att.net>> 06/26/11 8:35 AM >>>

            DNA MAY ANSWER BIGFOOT MYSTERY

            Close-up of the "paw" print image above. The impression was reportedly left by
            Bigfoot on the window of a pickup truck in the California Sierra National Forest
            over Memorial Day weekend 2011.

            Bigfoot or bear? Pictured is a second impression left on the rear side window of
            the same truck from the previous slides.
            According to forensic/law enforcement photographer Mickey Burrow, "What
            you're seeing is a swipe mark. It looks like a small hand, swiping to the left,
            leaving another impression, and there's hair within those areas -- you can see
            where the hair would be." - AOL News

            Pictures of the creature, estimated
            at 7 1/2 feet tall, were taken northeast of Eureka, Calif., in October 1967

            A DNA test could prove the one thing that decades of grainy videos, mysterious footprints and unverified eyewitness accounts haven't -- the existence of Bigfoot. Bigfoot researchers in California say they've obtained startling evidence, and are now trying to raise money for genetic testing on an oil residue purportedly left behind by the elusive hairy beast.

            This footprint was found over Memorial Day weekend, 2011, near Fresno, Calif.
            by a group of campers who were on a Bigfoot-hunting expedition.

            The print, measuring approximately 12 inches, was found near a truck where
            possible DNA evidence was left behind by more than one Bigfoot creature.

            AOL News has obtained exclusive photos taken recently by forensic expert Mickey Burrow, who examined the evidence, and those photos are available here for the first time.

            A preserved skull and hand said to be that of a Yeti or Abominable Snowman
            is on display at Pangboche monastery, near Mount Everest. - HuffPost

          • Linda Light
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
              Bill and I just spend a couple of days in San Diego and went to the Museum of
              Man. They have a model of a critter that looks like a giant Bigfoot called
              Giganto-something-or-other, and the display did not imply that the critter was
              hypothetical. I should have taken notes (but didn't), but it was well over 7 1/2
              ft tall with feet close to 18 inches long.  Can't remember where the data came
              from for their model, but it might have come from Asia (a yeti? but its hair was
              reddish, not white). Bob, do you know anything about actual physical evidence
              for him?

              Laura, next time you're in there, check it out!

              Linda Light

              ________________________________

            • bmuckle@capilanou.ca
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
                Linda,

                There is no good physical evidence. There are problems with all it...the sightings, the footprints, the photos, the film, and all the rest.

                If it does really exist, it is probably a remnant population of Gigantopithecus, which occupied parts of east and south Asia from a few million to about 100,000 years ago. We have dozens of mandible and hundreds of teeth of Gigantopithecus but nothing else. Based on the size of the mandibles and teeth it is an ape that was significantly larger the gorillas. We have no idea if it was bipedal. we have found no mandibles, teeth, or other evidence in North America.

                I recently wrote a column on the Anthropology of Bigfoot for 'Popular Anthropology Magazine'. If anybody is interested in reading it, I might be able to email you a copy. Reply off-list.

                Thanks for forwarding this to SACC-L. I love Bigfoot stories, and have been
                using Bigfoot to teach about the nature of science, and critical thinking for a
                very long time.

                I especially like how people often think DNA is going to give a definitive
                answer. I can't imagine a result coming back that identifies DNA as 'Bigfoot'.
                One of my favorite blurbs about science is that "sciences explains the unknown
                from what is already known." And since we don't know what Bigfoot DNA is like
                (if Bigfoot really exists), how could someone possibly identify DNA as Bigfoot?

                I bet this story goes nowhere, along with the hundreds of others that indicate
                someone has found bigfoot hair, blood, feces,a and more that are being sent to a
                lab for further study.

                I hope it is true, but I doubt it.

                Bob

                >>> kent morris <km52@...> 06/26/11 8:35 AM >>>

                DNA MAY ANSWER BIGFOOT MYSTERY

                Close-up of the "paw" print image above. The impression was reportedly left by
                Bigfoot on the window of a pickup truck in the California Sierra National Forest

                over Memorial Day weekend 2011.

                Bigfoot or bear? Pictured is a second impression left on the rear side window of

                the same truck from the previous slides.
                According to forensic/law enforcement photographer Mickey Burrow, "What
                you're seeing is a swipe mark. It looks like a small hand, swiping to the left,
                leaving another impression, and there's hair within those areas -- you can see
                where the hair would be." - AOL News

                Pictures of the creature, estimated
                at 7 1/2 feet tall, were taken northeast of Eureka, Calif., in October 1967

                A DNA test could prove the one thing that decades of grainy videos, mysterious
                footprints and unverified eyewitness accounts haven't -- the existence of
                Bigfoot. Bigfoot researchers in California say they've obtained startling
                evidence, and are now trying to raise money for genetic testing on an oil
                residue purportedly left behind by the elusive hairy beast.

                This footprint was found over Memorial Day weekend, 2011, near Fresno, Calif.
                by a group of campers who were on a Bigfoot-hunting expedition.

                The print, measuring approximately 12 inches, was found near a truck where
                possible DNA evidence was left behind by more than one Bigfoot creature.

                AOL News has obtained exclusive photos taken recently by forensic expert Mickey
                Burrow, who examined the evidence, and those photos are available here for the
                first time.

                A preserved skull and hand said to be that of a Yeti or Abominable Snowman
                is on display at Pangboche monastery, near Mount Everest. - HuffPost

              • Ann Bragdon
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
                  Was it "gigantopithecus"?
                  This is an Asian (China, India, Vietnam) ape that went extinct (??) -
                  according to Relethford's text 9mya to perhaps 500,000 years ago.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
                    yes--its three apecies are the largest primates ever to have lived, even bigger than Sasquatch...:-)

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 26, 2011
                      A couple of Canadian-American experts collaborating on the internet for anthropology:
                      1."Now Jack Rink, a geochronologist at McMaster University in Ontario, has used a high-precision absolute-dating method to determine that this ape – the largest primate ever – roamed Southeast Asia for nearly a million years before the species died out 100,000 years ago during the Pleistocene period. By this time, humans had existed for a million years.

                      "A missing piece of the puzzle has always focused on pin-pointing when Gigantopithecus existed," Rink said. "This is a primate that co-existed with humans at a time when humans were undergoing a major evolutionary change. Guangxhi province in southern China, where some of the Gigantopithecus fossils were found, is the same region where some believe the modern human race originated."

                      Since the original discovery, scientists have been able to piece together a description of Gigantopithecus using just a handful of teeth and a set of jawbones. It may not be much, but the unusually large size of these teeth indicates they belonged to one big ape.

                      "The size of these specimens – the crown of the molar, for instance, measures about an inch across – helped us understand the extraordinary size of the primate," Rink said.

                      Bob Muckle and Elizabeth Hoag Stewart shared Chocolate May Have Connected Ancient American Civilizations | Cacao & Ancestral Puebloans & Mesoamer. · about 2 months ago

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 27, 2011
                        HI, all.

                        Gigantopithecus is real; it is also extinct, like most of the megafauna that co-existed with humans in days of yore.

                        The trick, as always, is to tease out the historic from the biologic from the folkloric components of ethnozoologic (and cryptozoologic) "evidence" to determine which parts necessarily refer to material beings and which parts are modified to serve specific cultural needs.

                        And remember, DNA is best used as a part of an exclusionary methodology. We will know for sure if the biologic materials left behind by this big, muddy, furry critter are NOT primate-derived, but that will not end the controversy over the existence of Bigfoot --- only prove that THIS ONE is most likely NOT one.

                        Anj
                        ------------

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 27, 2011
                          Yes, it was gigantopithecus. Maybe yeti and bigfoot are his descendants! The
                          model made him look totally bipedal, though, not like an ape.
                          Linda

                          ________________________________
                          This is an Asian (China, India, Vietnam) ape that went extinct (??) -
                          according to Relethford's text 9mya to perhaps 500,000 years ago.

                          On Jun 26, 2011, at 6:28 PM, Linda Light wrote:

                          > Bill and I just spend a couple of days in San Diego and went to the
                          > Museum of
                          > Man. They have a model of a critter that looks like a giant Bigfoot
                          > called
                          > Giganto-something-or-other, and the display did not imply that the
                          > critter was
                          > hypothetical. I should have taken notes (but didn't), but it was
                          > well over 7 1/2
                          > ft tall with feet close to 18 inches long.  Can't remember where the
                          > data came
                          > from for their model, but it might have come from Asia (a yeti? but
                          > its hair was
                          > reddish, not white). Bob, do you know anything about actual physical
                          > evidence
                          > for him?
                          >
                          > Laura, next time you're in there, check it out!
                          >
                          > Linda Light
                          >
                          > ________________________________

                        • Gilliland, Mary
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 27, 2011
                            Strangely I know a little about "Giganto", from people I have known who worked in Viet Nam looking for evidence of overlap between this primate and Homo erectus. Giganto was first discovered through teeth found in Chinese apothecaries in the earlier part of the 19th century. These and other fossil teeth were used in traditional Chinese medicine (usually aphrodisiacs the stories go, but there may be more to that). Later there were other Giganto remains found, usually in caves, in Southern China, and some discovered in Viet Nam. Not sure how much of an actual skeleton has been recovered though - I think mostly teeth, some jaw, and perhaps some other bits and pieces.

                            The work I knew of long ago was through Russell Ciochan at University of Iowa.

                            Would love to know what our SACC Physical Anthropologists know about this and can share, update.

                            Mary K. Gilliland
                            Pima Community College

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 27, 2011
                              Russel Ciochan is one of the experts on Gigantopithecus, and has written a book on the discoveries in S.E. Asia ("Other Origins'). I did my first undergraduate anthropology research paper on Gigantopithecus (back in the Oligocene) and have never lost my interest. I try to keep up with the research on it. Other than teeth and a dozen or so mandibles, no other skeletal remains have been discovered. I have a cast of a Gigantopithecus mandible that I like to show in my classes (mostly my biological anth classes, but I often find an excuse to bring it out for other courses as well). I like to compare it to the cast I have of a male Gorilla mandible. The Gigantopithecus mandible is about one-third larger. I believe phtyoliths have been extracted from a number of different Gigantopithecus mandibles, and in every case they turn out to be bamboo (suggesting bamboo as primary consitituent of the diet).

                              It is a risky business for an anthropologist to come out in support of Bigfoot being a remant population of Gigantopithecus. One of the few who have, was Grover Krantz of Washington State University.

                              Interestingly, one line of support (besides the sightings, recordings, etc) for Bigfoot/Sasquatch comes from Native Americans.
                              The term Bigfoot is most commonly used in the U.S., while Sasquatch is most common in Canada. "Sasquatch" is actually a local (to me) First Nation word. Sasquatch/Bigfoot is common in the mythology of Native Peoples of the Northwest Coast, and each has a particular name for it, and a mask from a prehistoric deposit has been disovered, which looks pretty close to an orangutan. It is difficult to take this as being evidence of its existence in reality though. Mythological human-like monsters are fairly common througout the world.

                              The region where I live is one of the 'hotspots' of sightings (well, a forested area about 100 miles away). We get used to reports of Sasquatch sightings this time of year.

                              A goup of avid believers invited me on a sasquatch-hunt (to document, not kill) once. I didn't go. I routinely advise my students that if they ever think they see a sasquatch, they should leave it alone. Chances are that it is simply a big hairy human. And if they capture, wound, kill, or other harass it, they might find themselves in trouble. This is because if the reports of its physical characteristics are right (including bipedal), then it is human.

                              Bob

                            • Greg Smith
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 27, 2011
                                Love the thread on bigfoot; I too have discussed this topic in my Biological Anthropology courses for years. Students really get into it! Another big name in legit sasquatch research is Jeff Meldrum at Idaho State. The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization has a good website (www.bfro.net<http://www.bfro.net/>) with a comprehensive database of sightings and other info. I used to file this bigfoot stuff away with Atlantis and the Easter Bunny but I think there is enough patterned data now to at least consider it with a straight face. Even if it is all a bunch of misidentifications and hoaxes perpetrated by drunk anthro majors, the whole topic makes for excellent discussions about science.

                                Greg

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 6 8:20 AM
                                  Just an aside. Grover Krantz’s skeleton is at the end of the Written in Bone exhibit at the Natural History Museum. He donated his body to us and insisted we also take at least two of his Irish Wolfhounds. His Irish Wolfhound’s skeleton is standing next to Grover with his front paws on Grover’s shoulders. Grover also donated his research papers. His brother Victor worked for us as a photographer for many years and has since passed away.

                                  My office used to get many inquiries about Bigfoot. Below was our response prepared by the physical anthropologist years ago. Nothing seems to have changed.

                                  THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN

                                  The Museum of Natural History often receives requests for information concerning the "Abominable Snowman," "Yeti," "Sasquatch," or "Bigfoot," and other unknown creatures said to exist in certain mountain regions of the world, particularly the Himalayas. western Canada and northwestern United States. Though the term "Abominable Snowman" can refer to all these creatures, generally the terms "Snowman" and "Yeti" refer to an Asiatic creature, while "Sasquatch" and "Bigfoot" refer to North American creatures.

                                  The actual existence of a "snowman" has not been definitely proven. Most evidence submitted so far is based on photographs of previously unknown animal tracks, unusual scats (dung), and some hair samples. Among the many explanations offered on the basis of the above evidence, one that has appealed greatly to the popular imagination is that the animal in question is a huge, human‑like ape, or possibly a surviving race of early man. Because of its terrifying aspect, the animal, supposedly of Himalayan origin, came to be called "abominable snowman"; it is this intriguing name that is probably responsible for such widespread interest in these creatures in various parts of the world.

                                  Many zoologists who have reviewed the evidence have come to the conclusion that the tracks of the Himalayan "snowmen" were really made by bears, monkeys, or other already known animals. A few disagree saying there is little similarity. The tracks attributed to the Sasquatch of the northwestern United States are much more human‑like but of vast proportions (15‑l8 inches in length). With the large publicity the "snowman" has received in recent years, many popular articles of little scientific value have been written. Some of these are convincing to read, but they are mostly based on circumstantial evidence of "sightings," tracks, hair, scats, and some doubtful pelts and skull caps.

                                  While most scientists believe the likelihood of the existence of such a creature is small, they keep an open mind as scientists should. One cannot prove anything on the basis of negative evidence, and the only satisfactory proof that an animal fitting the description of the "snowman" exists would be either to capture one and study it or to find undisputed skeletal evidence. Only these kinds of finds would result in the universal recognition of the "snowman" by all scientists.

                                  Below is a list of references through which you can pursue this topic further:

                                  Bryne, Peter. The Search for Bigfoot: Monster, Myth or Man? Washington, D.C.: Acropolis Books Ltd., l975. (Summary of the evidence collected over the years by a "believer" in the "snowman's" existence.)

                                  Halpin, Marjorie and Michael M. Ames, eds. Manlike Monsters on Trial: Early Records and Modern Evidence. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press, l980. (Explores Sasquatch‑like creatures and summarizes reports of sightings.)

                                  Hillary, Edmund and Desmond Doig. High in the Thin Cold Air. New York.: Doubleday and Co., 1963. (The famous Mt. Everest climber recounts searches for the "snowman" in the Himalayas.)

                                  Izzard, Ralph. The Abominable Snowman Adventure. Toronto: Modder and Stoughton, 1954. (Concerns the search for the "snowman" in the Himalayas.)

                                  Napier, John. Bigfoot: The Yeti and Sasquatch in Myth and Reality. New York: E. P. Dutton, l973. (An eminent primatologist discusses his views on the possibility of the "snowman's" existence. Concludes no "hard evidence" exists though allows for some "soft evidence.")

                                  Sanderson, Ivan T. Abominable Snowmen: Legend Come to Life; The Story of Sub‑Humans on Five Continents from the Early Ice Age Until Today. Philadelphia and New York: Chilton Co., 1961. (Sifts the accumulated evidence for and against the "snowman's" existence rather thoroughly. For a critical comment on this book see Carleton S. Coon's review in the January 1962 issue of Natural History Magazine.)

                                  Sprague, Roderick and Grover S. Krantz, eds. The Scientist Looks at the Sasquatch. (Anthropological Monographs of the University of Idaho, no. 3.) Moscow, Idah: The University of Idaho Press, l977. Collection of articles first published in Northwest Anthropological Research Notes.)

                                  Suttles, Wayne. "On the Cultural Track of the Sasquatch," Anthropological Research Notes 6(l):65‑90, 1972. (Discusses Native American views of the Sasquatch. Article also in Sprague.)

                                  PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICE
                                  DEPARTMENT OF ANTHROPOLOGY
                                  SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION
                                  1988

> [...]

                                  On Jun 26, 2011, at 6:28 PM, Linda Light wrote:

                                  > Bill and I just spend a couple of days in San Diego and went to the
                                  > Museum of
                                  > Man. They have a model of a critter that looks like a giant Bigfoot
                                  > called
                                  > Giganto-something-or-other, and the display did not imply that the
                                  > critter was
                                  > hypothetical. I should have taken notes (but didn't), but it was
                                  > well over 7 1/2
                                  > ft tall with feet close to 18 inches long. Can't remember where the
                                  > data came
                                  > from for their model, but it might have come from Asia (a yeti? but
                                  > its hair was
                                  > reddish, not white). Bob, do you know anything about actual physical
                                  > evidence
                                  > for him?
                                  >
                                  > Laura, next time you're in there, check it out!

                                • Barry Kass
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 6 9:15 AM
                                    Hi Ann,
                                    Thanks for the article from the Smithsonian, very interesting, I enjoyed
                                    reading it. Its been my belief, though, for many years, that if indeed,
                                    "Bigfoot" existed, then there had to be more than one of them, therefore we
                                    should refer to them as "Bigfeet". Just my opinion.
                                    Regards,
                                    Barry

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 6 11:58 AM
                                      In my osteology class the prof. would include a bear foot in the quiz. Surprising how human they look.

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 6 9:08 PM
                                        hey, Barry...even if we only find one, it has two of these lower appendages, right? therefore it must be Bigfeet!