Last time--for real!

  • dianne.chidester@gvltec.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 21, 2011
      SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES COORDINATOR for the ALASKA CENTER FOR THE
      ENVIRONMENT (ACE). The position is directly responsible for ACE's
      efforts on local food, transit, land use, and other community issues as
      they arise and provides organizing support to ACE's wildlife, public
      lands, climate and energy programs. Through grassroots and grass-tops
      organizing and strategic campaign planning and implementation, the
      Sustainable Communities program maximizes ACE's grassroots capacity by
      engaging members, volunteers, and new advocates on local quality of life
      issues that are compelling and approachable. Duties include outreach,
      event support, volunteer management, strategic campaign planning,
      building grass-tops and grassroots relationships, and developing
      innovative tactics to achieve campaign wins. This position requires
      skill and comfort working with a broad spectrum of people, strong
      communication skills, willingness to work flexible hours, and the
      ability to think and act strategically on an array of important
      conservation issues facing South central Alaska. Candidates should be
      positive, enthusiastic, approachable, and able to work collaboratively
      with others, and should display leadership qualities, common sense, and
      a sense of humor. Minimum Requirements: A commitment to the mission
      and conservation goals of ACE, with a strong understanding of the
      Alaskan lay of the land. Strong oral and written communication skills
      including public speaking, interpersonal communication, experience with
      media, and meeting facilitation. Strong organizational and time
      management skills, with an ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple
      projects, and prioritize tasks. Demonstrated success working
      collaboratively on highly functioning teams. Experience recruiting and
      overseeing volunteers. High level of computer literacy and experience
      with Microsoft Office applications. Experience in grassroots
      organizing, outreach, and strategic planning. Four-year degree or
      equivalent professional experience preferred. Compensation: The
      Sustainable Communities Coordinator is a permanent, full-time position.
      The salary depends upon experience, with full health insurance and leave
      benefits provided and a 403(b) employee-directed retirement plan
      available. To apply: Please provide a resume and cover letter
      outlining your interest and experience by June 30. Applicants selected
      for an interview will be asked to submit three references . Submissions
      and queries must be submitted by email to Valerie@... with the
      subject line : "Sustainable Communities Applicant".

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2011
        Dianne, you're living proof that perseverance is what really counts! :)

        Cheers!
        Lloyd