Spring issue of AnthroNotes on RACE

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2011
      Dear Colleagues,

      The spring issue of AnthroNotes, A National Museum of Natural History Publication for Educators focuses on RACE. The American Anthropological Association's traveling exhibition Race: Are We So Different? opens here tomorrow at the National Museum of Natural History. I saw a preview and it's a powerful and provocative exhibit. This issue contains the following articles:

      Personal Reflections on Race, Racism, and Anthropology by Johnnetta Betsch Cole (Director of the National Museum of African Art and anthropologist)

      Anthropology and the Race Project by Yolanda T. Moses and Joseph Jones

      Why Human Skin Comes in Colors by Nina G. Jablonski Race

      Race the Media by John L. Jackson, Jr.

      Frederick Douglass and the Archaeology of Wye House by Mark Leone, Jocelyn Knauf, and Amanda Tang

      You can access AnthroNotes at http://anthropology.si.edu/outreach/anthnote/anthronotes.html

      I hope you enjoy the publication.

      Best wishes,

      Ann Kaupp