RE: [SACC-L] RE: Body Art, Modification, Ornamentation

  • Anthony Balzano
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2011
      Thanks!!

      Anthony Balzano, PhD
      Professor of Anthropology & Sociology
      Chair, Dept. of Social Sciences & History
      Sussex County (NJ) Community College
      1 College Hill Rd.
      Newton, NJ 07860 (U.S.)

      abalzano@...
      fonddesblancs2010@...
      SKYPE: anthonybalzano
      SCCC Office: 973-300-2177
      Cell: 973-271-7680

        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2011
          I made detailed photos of Mel's back and arms at the Montreal SACC conference (2004?) and have them on my iPhoto file. I think it was before the legs were completed (and whatever other parts I don't know about :)
          Lloyd

          On May 4, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Mark Lewine wrote:

          > I strongly suggest that SACC scan Mel's tattoo, copyright and publish the picture...then Mel, write a cultural geo book with your pic on the cover and we can sell both!

        • alisonanthropology
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5, 2011
            Hi. I can't attest to the quality of either of these DVDs, but they made it onto my Amazon.com list last summer as possible options to add to my collection for classes.

            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BEE7EW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BKDO7U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

            Some of the National Geographic collections (which I think someone mentioned already) and Travel Channel ones may have useful ones too.

            Best of luck,
            Alison

          • alisonanthropology
            Message 5 of 9 , May 5, 2011
              By no means is that an endorsement for using Amazon.com. I just find the "wish list" so convenient, and too, as those interested will notice, not all the director/copyright holder etc. bibliographic detail is contained. Good luck finding what you're looking for.