FW: [SERMLIST] Webinar 4/27: Teaching about Afghanistan through Primary Sources

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2011
      From my Middle East group. -- Dianne

      --------------
      Teaching about Afghanistan through Primary Sources
      Free webinar for K-12 educators
      Wednesday, April 27
      4:30 - 5:30 p.m. EDT

      Join the Asia Society and Primary Source for a free introduction to "Homeland Afghanistan," (http://afghanistan.asiasociety.org/) an online resource developed by the Asia Society. Homeland Afghanistan explores the geopolitical and cultural heritage of Afghanistan through a humanities perspective and tells the country's history through 75 video episodes, featuring leading experts as well as hundreds of

      archaeological finds, paintings, literary works, music, photographs, and documentary films.

      This webinar will provide an overview of the site's content and navigation and ideas for how K-12 teachers might use the resource and the primary sources included within with their students. Sample activities will be shared and time will be included for q&a.

      Reserve your webinar seat now at:
      https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/417404865

      System Requirements
      PC-based attendees
      Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

      Macintosh®-based attendees
      Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer