Re: [SACC-L] Re: item for board meeting agenda in Omaha

  • Kent Morris
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 16, 2011
      and soliciting reliable and commited volunteers to accomplish it all is the
      first most crucial goal to making it all happen...
      From: <Dianne.Chidester@...>
      To: <SACC-L@yahoogroups.com>; <mlewine@...>
      Cc: <steinrl@...>; <bjoans@...>; <lagonzal@...>;
      <abalzano@...>; <bmuckle@...>; <ddbruner@...>;
      <tstevens@...>; <mark.lewine@...>; <NicoleIves@...>;
      <kauppa@...>; <broruprecht@...>; <ellenbaumbridge@...>;
      <bmueller@...>; <mkgilliland@...>;
      Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:58 AM

      Providing a written guide to future SACC presidents is a great idea. In
      fact, Ann Kaupp, Bob Muckle, Phil Naftaly, a couple of other folks (sorry I
      can't remember all the names), and I worked on one. Maybe it hasn't gotten
      passed on?

      Also, when I invited 5-fields presenters, I used a letter format from Bob
      Muckle which told them right up front that their presentation would be
      published. One of them didn't submit, but I do think we got the others. I
      think if I had it to do over, I'd be even more specific that this would be
      part of the contract with them. (We do, after all, pay for their AAA
      registration.)

      Something else I'd like to discuss sometime is what should an intro course
      definitely cover. Our psychology folks have recommendations from the APA
      which they use in course evaluations.

      Cheers?
      Dianne