lloyd miller's comments on relevance of anth

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2011
      In addition to all of the other comments relating to STEM and developmental math and reading made by SACCers, I received an excerpt from Lloyd's published views on the essential learning provided by anth curricula for all students:
      ´┐ŻAn Accidental Anthropologist´┐Ż by Lloyd Miller, in The Tao of Anthropology, edited by Jack Kelso. University Press of Florida, 2008, pp. 177-184.

      He is writing about our key concepts that change the mindsets, the world views, the affective domain of how a person is changed after even one anthro class!!! Thanks Lloyd...I have recommended to the Task Force that we embed the developmental skills within the teaching of these core concepts...I was taught how to do that in my first few years of teaching by a wonderful prof who had master's degrees in both English and Anthro...it became 'incremental task mastery' process, or breaking down any complex course concept into small enough pieces for the student to begin understanding and practicing.