FW: Trees in Indian Art Mythology and Folklore - One Recent Title (fwd)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2000
      FW: Trees in Indian Art Mythology and Folklore - One Recent Title (fwd)

      Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:04:27 +0500
      From: kkagencies <kkagen@...>

      We have a **special discounted price shown in our offer against 'Your
      Price' applicable on all orders reaching us till 30 September 2000**. Also,
      we _make all shipments by registered AIRMAIL with no additional charges_.
      You may give a reference to this bulletin while ordering. For ordering
      details please refer at the end.

      Malla, Bansi Lal,
      Trees in Indian Art Mythology and Folklore / Bansi Lal Malla.  1st ed. New
      Delhi, Aryan Books International.  2000.  xxii, 145 p. ills. 25 cm.
      List Price: $ 66        Your Price: $ 59.40
      ISBN: 8173051798                KK-10121

      The present volume tells the complete story of trees in Indian Art and
      Mythology. It takes into account a holistic survey of all the aspects of
      tree worship in India more especially the scientific importance of tree
      worship, the medicinal values of trees and their bounties to mankind in
      general. The book draws interesting parallels using the textual code of the
      primal vision of the World Tree. While adopting an interdisciplinary
      approach, a viable theory for the history of Art has been attempted. The
      fascinating richness of this work lies in the "mythology" of Art which
      provides a conceptual explanation of the nature of Art.

      With this work, not only historians of Art but anthropologists of religion
      will also be benefitted. They will be in a position to follow the
      fascinating thought-trails in Art and Nature.

      1. Primal Vision of the [World] Tree
      2. Tree Worship in Pre-Vedic Era
      3. Tree Worship in Metahistorical Texts
      4. Tree Worship in Bio-cultural Contexts
         1. Trees and Ethno-religious Attitudes
         2. Fertility Cult
         3. Ecological Awareness
         4. Medicinal Trees (Rogi Taru)
      5. Tree Motifs in Indian Art
         1. Tree in Sculptural Art
         2. Kalpavrksa (Wish-fulfilling Tree) and Kalpalata
            (Wish-fulfilling Creeper)
         3. Tree in Coins
      6. Art is Religion, Religion Art
                            ------------------------------

      Dr. Bansi Lal Malla is an Art-historian, presently associated with the
      Janapada Sampada Division of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the
      Arts. He obtained his Masters degree in History from Kashmir University,
      Masters degree in Museology and Ph.D. in History of Arts from the Banaras
      Hindu University.

      Price indicated is in US dollars.

      Libraries & institutions may straight raise their purchase orders thru our
      website, e-mail, fax or post and pay routinely after receipt of materials &
      their corresponding invoices.

      Individual orders may be pre-paid conveniently thru their personal checks
      drawn in US dollars (or any other equivalent currency) favouring
      <K.K.AGENCIES> and while so doing kindly put title/s together, so that a
      one time order totals upto US $ 20.

      Our comprehensive catalog can be browsed at <www.kkagencies.com>.

      We at KK are dedicated to making your experience with us more enjoyable and
      convenient.

      With kind regards,

      K. R. Mittal                              E-mail: kkagen@...
      K. K. Agencies                                    info@...
      Online Store of Indian Publications       Website: www.kkagencies.com
      H-12 Bali Nagar                           Fax: (+0091/11)5412716
      New Delhi-110015 / India                  Phone: (+0091/11)5465925