AAA Conference

  • Rebecca Stein
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
      I actually just got sent the information. The AAA conference is scheduled
      for November 16-20 in Montreal.

      Looks like they are doing things a little differently this year and asking
      for invited sessions to be submitted a little earlier than volunteered
      sessions. The 5 Fields and any other invited session should be submitted
      between March 1 and March 15. We usually can review volunteered sessions
      and have them accepted as well.

      Here are the dates:

      March 1

      bullet

      bullet

      Online abstract and session submissions accepted on AAA website

      March 15

      bullet

      Proposal deadline for section invited sessions and public policy forums

      April 4

      bullet

      Results of section invited sessions proposals announced

      April 15

      bullet

      Proposal Deadline for volunteered sessions, individual paper and poster
      presentations, inno-vents, media submissions and special events via
      www.aaanet.org. To be included in the 2011 AAA Annual Meeting, program
      participants must be registered by this date.

      From: Rebecca Stein <rls@... <mailto:rls%40linkline.com> >
      Date: Monday, February 28, 2011 5:35 pm

      > Hello, all. Just a reminder that abstracts for the upcoming SACC
      > conferenceare due tomorrow, March 1st. I will however extend the
      > deadline and accept
      > abstracts received no later than this Friday, March 4th. I look
      > forward to
      > seeing everyone in Omaha!
      >

      > --Becky
      >

      > Call for paper presentations
      >
      > 2011 SACC annual Meeting
      >

      > The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges (SACC) is
      > holding its
      > 2011 annual meeting in Omaha, Nebraska, April 6-9. The themes of
      > the meeting
      > are "Cultural Diversity in the Community College" and "Teaching
      > Anthropology."
      >

      > Proposals for paper presentations on any topic relating to
      > anthropology are
      > welcome. Of particular interest are presentations on teaching
      > anthropologyin a culturally diverse environment.
      >

      > Paper presentations are tentatively scheduled for 15 minutes.
      > Abstractsshould be no longer than 125 words and must be received
      > no later than March
      > 1, 2011. Make sure to include your institutional affiliation and
      > contactinformation with your abstract.
      >

      > Abstracts should be sent to Rebecca Stein, preferably via email at
      > steinrl@... <mailto:steinrl%40lavc.edu> or rls@...
      <mailto:rls%40linkline.com> . Paper abstracts, if