Re: [SACC-L] Deadline: SACC Conference Call for Papers

  • Gilliland, Mary
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28 8:14 PM
      George I'm reminding myself to resend possible names in morning.

      Mary K. Gilliland
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 28, 2011, at 8:49 PM, "grodgers@...<mailto:grodgers@...>" <grodgers@...<mailto:grodgers@...>> wrote:

      Hi Becky,
      Hey when do I need to get the 5 fields info for montreal to you....geo

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
        I actually just got sent the information. The AAA conference is scheduled
        for November 16-20 in Montreal.

        Looks like they are doing things a little differently this year and asking
        for invited sessions to be submitted a little earlier than volunteered
        sessions. The 5 Fields and any other invited session should be submitted
        between March 1 and March 15. We usually can review volunteered sessions
        and have them accepted as well.

        Here are the dates:

        March 1

        bullet

        bullet

        Online abstract and session submissions accepted on AAA website

        March 15

        bullet

        Proposal deadline for section invited sessions and public policy forums

        April 4

        bullet

        Results of section invited sessions proposals announced

        April 15

        bullet

        Proposal Deadline for volunteered sessions, individual paper and poster
        presentations, inno-vents, media submissions and special events via
        www.aaanet.org. To be included in the 2011 AAA Annual Meeting, program
        participants must be registered by this date.

        Hey when do I need to get the 5 fields info for montreal to you....geo

        > Hello, all. Just a reminder that abstracts for the upcoming SACC
        > conferenceare due tomorrow, March 1st. I will however extend the
        > deadline and accept
        > abstracts received no later than this Friday, March 4th. I look
        > forward to
        > seeing everyone in Omaha!
        >

        > --Becky
        >

        > Call for paper presentations
        >
        > 2011 SACC annual Meeting
        >

        > The Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges (SACC) is
        > holding its
        > 2011 annual meeting in Omaha, Nebraska, April 6-9. The themes of
        > the meeting
        > are "Cultural Diversity in the Community College" and "Teaching
        > Anthropology."
        >

        > Proposals for paper presentations on any topic relating to
        > anthropology are
        > welcome. Of particular interest are presentations on teaching
        > anthropologyin a culturally diverse environment.
        >

        > Paper presentations are tentatively scheduled for 15 minutes.
        > Abstractsshould be no longer than 125 words and must be received
        > no later than March
        > 1, 2011. Make sure to include your institutional affiliation and
        > contactinformation with your abstract.
        >

        > Abstracts should be sent to Rebecca Stein, preferably via email at
        > steinrl@... <mailto:steinrl%40lavc.edu> or rls@...
        <mailto:rls%40linkline.com> . Paper abstracts, if