RE: [BULK] [SACC-L] Culture Lecture Ideas

  • Anthony Balzano
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2011
      Becky,

      I was just asked a similar question by a member of our psych dept teaching a cross-cultural psych course. I recommended "On Being Different" by Conrad Kottak & Kathryn Kozaitis (McGraw Hill). It is essentially derived from Kottak's Intro texts and written for a general audience. What you will want to use is the first two chapters of the book that serves as a good primer on culture. The book's sub-themes are diversity and multiculturalism. The psych folks love it.

      Regards, Tony

      Anthony Balzano, PhD
      Professor of Anthropology & Sociology
      Chair, Dept. of Social Sciences & History
      Chair, Diversity Council
      Sussex County (NJ) Community College
      1 College Hill Rd.
      Newton, NJ 07860 (U.S.)